KUALA LUMPUR, April 5 — The government insisted today it did not receive a permit application for a Singapore ballet troupe to perform here despite organisers claiming the performances had been barred with no reason given.
Information, Communication and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Rais Yatim (picture) told reporters this morning that Puspal, or the Central Agency for the Application for Filming and Performance by Foreign Artists, had not received an application for the set of shows originally slated for this weekend.
“I love all forms of the arts and theatre. Ballet should be encouraged,” he said when asked if he enjoyed ballet himself.”
Read full report here.