Loyal Followers

Monday, June 08, 2009

Ya-Sin, Surah 36 of the Holy Qu'ran

This must have been one of the most beautiful recitation of the Holy Qu'ran that I have ever heard. Please click here.

For the benefit of the non-Muslims, that was the recitation from Surah 36 of the Holy Qu'ran, namely Surah Ya-Sin. The English translation of the Surah Ya-Sin could be viewed here.

Surah Ya-Sin is recited by Muslims for many purposes. It is recited when someone is sick or when someone needs to gain a sense of confidence (for example, before he or she goes into the exam hall). It is also recited to treat or cure someone who is believed to have been possessed by evil spirit.

However, most importantly, the Surah is recited to someone who is on his or her death bed, in order to "smoothen" his or her journey to meet his or her creator.

I have viewed various injustices in this life. I have heard so many lies being told. I have seen so many trusts being broken. My rights are stolen. My mind is intruded. My soul is invaded and tortured. I have seen rapes, molestations, thefts, abuses and down right evil.

Sometimes I exist not. I only exist in so far as I am permitted to exist. I am a slave. A slave to this life which is planned, shaped and thrust upon me. And I don't have anywhere to go. Nowhere to run. I feel trapped. Watched. Observed. Controlled.

Sometimes I am angered. And the feeling of helplessness consume me. Some other times I just want to give up. I had wanted to retreat and find solace.

But at the end of it all, I have faith in God. And His rewards. As well as His promised judgment on judgment day. And from that I draw strength.

"[Yusufali 36:53] It will be no more than a single Blast, when lo! they will all be brought up before Us!

فَالْيَوْمَ لَا تُظْلَمُ نَفْسٌ شَيْئًا وَلَا تُجْزَوْنَ إِلَّا مَا كُنتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَ {54}

[Yusufali 36:54] Then, on that Day, not a soul will be wronged in the least, and ye shall but be repaid the meeds of your past Deeds.

إِنَّ أَصْحَابَ الْجَنَّةِ الْيَوْمَ فِي شُغُلٍ فَاكِهُونَ {55}

[Yusufali 36:65] That Day shall We set a seal on their mouths. But their hands will speak to us, and their feet bear witness, to all that they did."

Perhaps all of us should remember that.

5 comments:

donvito73 said...

The last ayat..was it 55 or 65? I checked and I think it should be 65. Please verify and correct it..

Wassalam

art harun said...

Donvito73, thank you for asking. The last quoted verse is 36:65.

telur dua said...

Beautiful.

LAT said...

Yes ! In HIM-the Only All Almigthy & Living GOD we find Strength, Peace, Hope, Life and Justice ! When God is with us who can be against us ?

donvito73 said...

Salam Art,

I think you need to update the Arabic caption cos it's showing verse 55 instead of 65. This would then sync it with the English translation..

Cheers